Saturday, March 11, 2006


"Out, damned spot!" - you can call me Lady Macbeth. Cello-Boy came home with ink on his shirt-collar. I've used Stain-Devil for ballpoint and felt-tip pen - repeatedly. Domestic bleach, ditto. Put it through the wash twice. The stain is less than it was, but still there.

"Sorry, Mum - the pen did say "non-fade ink". Now he tells me! But I won't be beaten.

It must be the weekend for spots. After paying all that money to get the carpets cleaned, the supermarket delivery men tramped dirt all down the hall last night, which I cleaned. More came in when we got back after swimming - I don't know which of us was to blame. And after going out on some errands, Ocarina-Kid merrily left some more muddy marks on the same carpet. I seem to spend my time on my hands and knees ...

It's a worse than typical Saturday in the Pseudo-Super household. Swimming lessons first thing. A cello exam mid-morning. A guitar lesson after lunch. A music festival mid-afternoon. Whilst SuperSpouse accompanied the young virtuoso at the festival, the rest of us went to get the car hand-washed. (I'm still following medical advice not to over-exert myself, and I'm afraid that means not heaving buckets of water or hoses about the place.)

Then we went to book Easter holiday activities for all three boys - guess what? It doesn't pay to be pseudo-super. They don't take bookings until Monday. Humph.

Cello-Boy has just phoned to say he got 87% in his festival piece, and came first. (To please his father, he says that the winning point was probably because he had his tie tucked into his trousers. Don't ask. Please!)

No comments: